This photograph of Perkins Gymnasium is similar to the one in the previous posting. Built in 1887, the structure was named in honor of John W. Perkins, Headmaster of Dummer Academy from 1882 to 1894. At the time of completion, the building contained a 30 by 60 foot basketball floor, gym apparatus and a handball court. Originally located where the Phillips Building stands today, Perkins Gymnasium was moved and reconstructed into Perkins Hall in 1925.
*See the next posting for the continuing story of Perkins Hall!